February 6, 2012

Chocolate Cookies



I think I got a hang-up on cookies at the moment. Not only are many cookies quick and easy to bake, but also, just delightful. Cookies are the thing when it's freezing cold outside because the oven makes my flat oh so warm:-), and it's so nice to cuddle up in the couch with freshly baked cookies and a cup of warm tea.

Chocolate Cookies, 40pcs

200 g butter
2 1/2 dl sugar
5 dl flour
4 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp vanilla powder
1 egg

topping:
1 egg
pearl sugar

Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C.
Melt butter slightly and add sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, vanilla sugar and egg. Mix into a smooth dough.

Divide the dough into 6, and roll to lenghts. Place onto a oven paper covered baking plate. Flatten the lenghts to about 0,5 cm. Brush the lenghts with a beaten egg and sprinkle pearl sugar on top.

Bake in the middle of the oven for about 15 minutes.

Cut the lenghts in oblique pieces, about 2 cm wide, while still warm. Let the cookies cool down.

Enjoy!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cookies! Great presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE these cookies! My sister-in-law is Swedish and she always makes a batch of these cookies when we visit her. One year at Christmas, she gave me a Swedish cookbook which has a recipe for these biscuits and I love making them at home. It's so great to see that you blogged about this wonderful recipe! Gorgeous photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you have been doing some Swedsih cooking then! :-)It's a great recipe that yields many delicious cookies with very little effort.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments and I read them all, but may not respond to all:-)

XOXO Johanna